Reddit was my favorite place on the internet, at least, before the whole Ellen Pao drama happened. But it’s still a valuable resource no matter who manages it, because it’s a huge site with millions of subscribers and constantly updated content, and as the saying goes, “If it exists, there’s a subreddit for it.”
Reddit has been of great help to me in dealing with tokophobia and trichotillomania, two things I’ve been struggling with for quite some time. For the record, I don’t think tokophobia needs to be treated like a disease of some sort, as the fear of pregnancy and childbirth is completely rational. For me, it’s just a matter of understanding people who have it and accepting them for who they are. Not everyone is made out of the same cookie cutter after all. Now on to reddit!
How to Use reddit
- Make an account — it’s free. LPT: the wittier your username, the better.
- If you chose to provide your e-mail address, verify it. This lets you post and comment more often.
- Start posting and voting!
This blog isn’t my actual job and sometimes I take too long to respond. If you have questions about birth control, post it here. I usually get a reply in a matter of minutes. Keep in mind that majority of users are North American and Western European, so you have to specify where you live in case your question involves access. There’s also a ton of stuff in there about various forms of birth control so it’s a very educational read every time. Before asking, use the search bar to check if someone’s already asked a similar question.
This is where we post stories of our lives as childfree individuals. Don’t be swayed by the negative people on here, most members are calm and understanding. I usually post about BINGOs I get, and how strange it is to be a childfree person living in Manila. There’s also a ton of related subs that you can browse.
Other Subs You Can Browse
- r/TheGirlSurvivalGuide and r/TwoXChromosomes for all your lady issues
- r/askmen the male counterpart of twox
- r/Relationships and r/relationshipadvice in case you’re also dealing with issues in that department
- r/Tokophobia but unfortunately it’s still set to private
- r/sterilization for people like me who are hellbent on getting it done
- r/Philippines for your country-specific questions
- r/offmychest for anything else you want to, well, get off your chest!
You can also make your own subs if you think you can moderate a type of content you can’t find yet.